Stephens County Historical Museum
Visiting the museum can transport you back into a simpler time; you can literally “step” into Grandma’s kitchen or the family dentist’s offices. See authentic room vignettes filled with treasured antiques, memorabilia, and other artifacts depicting pioneer life in Oklahoma. There is an exceptional arrowhead collection, stone collection and fossil collection. Whether your interest is early-day photography, music, crafts, Indian lore, farming or machines, the Stephens County Historical Museum can satisfy your curiosity in charming fashion. Hundreds of dolls of several generations have found a home here. Art, photographs and memorabilia from the county’s largest employer, Halliburton, are on permanent display. Exploring the adventures of the past is just a step away.
Other Notable Features:
- County photography dating from 1892
- Area archaeological samples
- Blacksmith shop, Legal Offices and Medical Offices of the era
- Records and photography
- One and two-room schoolhouses, which have virtually disappeared from the American landscape
- Gift shop
Starting June 2, 2020, the Stephens County Historical Museum will be open by appointments only. Persons wanting to tour the museum can call 580-252-0717 to make an appointment. Guests will be encouraged to wear masks and hand sanitizers will be furnished.
- Address: 1402 W Beech AveDuncan,Oklahoma
- Telephone: 5802520717
- Hours: Tue
Sat 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Website: Click here to visit their website